Sunday, November 04, 2007

Quality Cat Time

I got in some quality cat time yesterday: my wife was working, it was windy, cool, and raining (thanks, TS Noel), and the cats at the book store were bound to welcome some cozy laps.

Mrs. Howell and one of the several black cats were on the porch at the Book Barn in Niantic; thanks to a kid who grabbed the black cat (Mrs. Meow, I learned later) and brought her inside, I was able to claim her chair. Mrs. Howell on my lap, a good book I found to read; I was set. Then Mrs. Meow escaped the kid and got back outside, making a beeline for "her" chair. I persuaded her to try my chest: I am so fat there is a nice shelf on my belly, with an assisting arm. She was happy to curl up, and I got a good double-cat hour in before duty called and I had to leave.

Steve

No comments: